You’ll always know what’s going on with our organization.
Adult Mental Health First Aid | March 22, 2023
Please Note: The Adult Mental Health First Aid course consists of two hours of self-paced content followed by 6.5 hours of instructor-led training. The self-paced computer training must be completed at least three days prior to the beginning of the course and the one-hour self-paced post session computer training must be completed as well in order for attendees to obtain certification. Registration ends March 15 at 12 noon.
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. This training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
What the Mental Health First Aid Course offers:
• Common signs and symptoms of mental illness
• Common signs and symptoms of substance use
• How to interact with a person in crisis
• How to connect the person with help
• Content on trauma, addiction, and self-care
The course will teach you how to apply the ALGEE action plan:
• Assess for risk of suicide or harm.
• Listen nonjudgmentally.
• Give reassurance and information.
• Encourage appropriate professional help.
• Encourage self-help and other support strategies.
We're offering this session FREE of charge as part of Light & Unite Red Week, when dozens of partners across Milwaukee County join forces to promote healthy, drug- and alcohol-free living and support our community members who are improving their lives by remaining free of substance use and achieving holistic wellness. Registration is required at the link below.